Monday, January 10, 2011

Advancing Inspiration

One of (the many) blogs I check in with
on a regular basis is Ari Seth Cohen's
Advanced Style. It never ceases to 
surprise and reward, as he showcases, 
and brings to light the 'older folk' he meets on the street.
One woman he befriended in particular, 
Mimi Weddell had some lovely quotes
which demonstrate here, her zest for life.
And, believe me-
there is a little something here for all of us...

"There's a lot more to be learned, and I'm going to learn all the way up to the stairway to the stars"

" You dance as you walk through life.If you don't dance, for heaven's sake, you cannot aspire. You do not lift up from this earth."

"Rise Above It, it's what one does. We're not supposed to be happy happy happy and jumping for joy every second"

"Doesn't time go really fast its moment by moment by moment, and you've got to grab it"

"I don't know, maybe life is a fairytale"

"Grace, is what it is, you dance as you sail through life, and furthermore it heightens your living as of the moment"

"The only Romantic thing left in life is a hat"

"Hats give you a frame. However dreary you feel, if you put on a hat, by golly, you've changed everything. I keep telling my daughter,my granddaughter,everybody, If you don't wear a hat, you're missing it"
"I love Illusion"

"Like Piaf I have no regrets, Oh mercy you have to have the downers and the uppers to be a complete person"

xo