Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In a Perfect World

.Rock ‘n Roll High School: Classes We Want Our Favorite Rock Stars to Teach

Truer words were never spoken. 

I have to say, my friend Toti , my boyfriend Ross (now hubby)

 and I were lucky enough to take two classes in college from Joel Selvin -

 music critic for the San Francisco Chronicle.

 The classes were called The History of Rock and Roll 1 & 2.

 He was pretty bad ass and really new his stuff. 

To this day I appreciate and remember all that he shared -

 the intricate details and the people, which have had 

major influence and shaped the music we listen to even today.


Check out 10 seminars  Flavorwire  would never be tempted to play hooky from, taught by everyone from Jay-Z to Jonathan Richman to Lady Gaga.






                                      Get past the commercial, then...Jay-Z - New Music - More Music Videos


Can you imagine how empowering something like this would be?
xo